1) p86 (table of ENC values for armor) vs p88 "Armor Penalty to SR" section.
P86 says a full suit of plated mail is an 8SR penalty, but the formula and example given in the text p88 says that a full suit of plated mail is 6 enc per location * 7 locs = 42/5 (rounded up) = 9 SR penalty?
2) To me the text on describing the 'devotional pool' is a little vague; so as I understand it a theist
- CANNOT power miracles with anything BUT the MP in the devotional pool? So essentially they are hard-capped as to the number of miracles they can exhort by their POW (or a fraction thereof, depending on rank in the cult)
- CAN (depending on circumstances, I'm thinking specifically of various allied Gloranthan Lightbringer cults) be laymembers/initiates of multiple cults - this would mean a SEPARATE devotional pool for each, which can then each power miracles separately (but the sum total of all devotional pools can't > POW)
- cast spells at a base intensity/magnitude of their Devotion/10 for 1 magic point 'spend' out of the devotional pool.
- I presume this pool is not relevant to spirit combat?
3) Consecrate on p 267 vs example on 278.
The spell says you can 'embed or bind miracles to the area' - in the example, however, the Priestess Consecrates Anathaym's breastplate with Shield. So a theist can Consecrate an OBJECT? The spell description is pretty clear that it just means Consecration of GROUND.
4) As far as I can tell for spirit-creatures, (if one is building an encounter, for example) the GM is supposed to SELECT the intensity level of the creature, and generate its POW from there. That seems a little deterministic to me, if one is generating random encounters, etc.? Does the discussion of 'frequency of spirits' apply to specific types, ie are there the same distribution of wraiths intensity 0 vs 1 vs 2, etc as other spirits? Are there intensity 6 wraiths? The Animism section says a shaman can go 'searching' on the spirit plane for a spirit they want, but as I read it there's little description of how such a search would be handled?
Thanks, I'm sure I'll have more questions, but these are the first few.
Login below to reply: